Teaching and Demos
A big part of any head chef’s job is teaching in one way or another, whether it’s teaching a commis chef to fillet a fish, teaching chefs about costings and gross profit calculations or teaching the front of house team about the menu and ingredients. Add to this spending time working with the colleges, tutoring on cookery courses and producing instructional media and it all adds up!
I was lucky to have a great teacher when I first started in the industry but I’ve also benefited hugely from books, magazines, videos and watching demonstrations. Another aspect of my own learning has been trial and error, finding out things the hard way and this has certainly developed my own cooking style and philosophy. These things combined have given me a real passion for passing on my knowledge in various ways, whether it be through the recipes and videos on this site, the cookery demonstrations and classes I do or through one to one mentoring.
Areas I can help with include;
- Demonstrations and or teaching/staff training for food and equipment suppliers
- Demonstrations for cookery festivals and trade shows
- One to one or group chef training in your establishment
- Bespoke courses as guest tutor for cookery schools
- Tailored one to one teaching or mentoring